Friday, October 22, 2021

Low carb.

So, at the beginning of the week, I decided to try low carb again. I tried it briefly at the beginning of the year, and lost 10 pounds in two weeks. Yep, you read that right. 10 pounds in two weeks. And then I started cheating and eating more carbs. My weight loss stopped. But I didn't gain the weight back. I'm still down about 10 pounds.

Long time readers of this blog know that I first started a low carb diet was about the same time I started this blog--a little more than 10 years ago. Over the space of 6 months, I lost about 60 pounds. And it stayed off in the short term, for the most part. And then my weight slowly started creeping up. Before I knew it, over about 6 years, I'd gained back 40 pounds. Then the pandemic hit. And by winter last year, I was almost back up up my pre-carb diet weight--258 pounds. That's why I decided I needed to go low carb again. My weight was up, my blood pressure was up, and COVID is lethal to fat, older guys with hypertension.

So Monday I went low carb again. I need to lose the weight. And low carb works. But for me, it also seems to disrupt my normal poo cycle. I didn't poo Wednesday at all. And I don't think I'll poo today (Friday). 10 years ago I could go 3 days without crapping. I didn't feel any discomfort. I just wasn't pooing. (By the way, the low carb websites I checked said a glass of salt water will kick start a poo on a low carb diet. And it definitely does.)

So that's it. If you start to notice less poo--that's the reason. I'm gonna be low carb for a while. Likely that will mean less poo pics. But a man's gotta do what he's gotta do.

No comments:

Post a Comment