Thursday, May 12, 2022

12 May: colonoscopy day.

So, I woke up at 2 am and had to poo. All liquid. Woke up at 5 am, drank the rest of the polyethylene glycol solution. Had my last real anal discharge (can't really call it poo) at about 8 am. Showered at 9, colonoscopy at 10. Go into the back, change into a hospital gown, IV in, go into the exam room, propofol push, fall asleep. I actually woke up in the middle of the procedure, but that wasn't a problem. Woke up again, in the same place I started. Fairly normal results. They found 2 small polyps that were removed. No other issues, aside from hemorrhoids. But everybody, eventually, gets hemorrhoids. You can see the results in the picture below (the polyps are indicated by the tiny white arrows).

That's it. The worst part was the prep the day before. That entails consuming large amounts of laxatives and then shitting your brains out. For 3 or more hours. This was my third colonoscopy, and the easiest one yet. My asshole didn't even get sore after all of the wiping. If you're worried about your bowel function, go get tested. It really isn't a big deal.. And I believe they are now recommending people get their first colonoscopy at age 45. There it is: get a colonoscopy, don't die of colon cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment