Saturday, October 6, 2012

I'm back!--Oct 5th 2012 poo

Well, I'm back. It's been a while. I have to apologize to all of my fans. There are people who want to see my poo--and who am I to depreive them?

A little about myself. I am a middle-aged white man, who lives in Northern Virginia, USA. About a year ago, I decided to lose weight. I'm 6'1" and I weighed 260 pounds. I read Tim Ferriss' book, the Four Hour Body, and in it, he describes what he calls the "Slow Carb Diet." It is, in effect, a low carb diet. It's very restrictive--in that--you can't eat: sugar, HFCS, any grains, pasta, fruit, dairy, potatos, rice, etc. You get the picture. It is not as restrictive as Atkins, however, because you can eat legumes. What that means for me is that I eat a lot of meat and beans. That's ok--because I like meat and beans. And I caneat as much of the non-carb food as I want.

So--a year later, and as of yesterday I'm down 62 pounds. Yep--I've lost 62 pounds. For my non-US readers--sorry--I don't know what that is in kilos.

But the low carb thing has effected my poo. I used to poo daily, sometimes twice a day. I now poo MUCH less frequently. I don't feel constipated exactly--I don't think I've ever been constipated. (Except maybe during the first week of Officer Candidate School--which was VERY stressful.) I can go 3 days without taking a poo.

I read some posts online that say some people react that way to a low carb diet. They say a glass of salt-water will make you poo. And it works. But drinking a glass of swalt water is not pleasant, so I only do that on Friday before I weigh in. 

So, the picture below is yesterday's, pre-weigh in, pre-workout poo. Pretty good. Solid. And I didn't need to drink salt water to get it going.

eNjoy.

2 comments:

  1. we need more poo blogs pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing what I can to add more poo pics to the internet!

      Delete