Tuesday, August 1, 2023

12 years.

Hey folks, I wanted to remind everybody that about a week ago, this blog turned 12 years old. I've been blogging about my poo for 12 years. I think that's pretty good. Lots of people start poo blogs but they don't do it for very long. Because it's work. And it takes dedication. I stuck with it.

When I started, I was using an old digital camera and I had to transfer that image using a digital card "stick" to a desktop computer. It was a pain. Which is why there are limited entries the first three years. And the pictures sucked. Now I do it all on my cell phone, so it's much easier and the pictures are much better. 

Another thing, folks. I'm not a "scat fiend." I don't do anything with my poo but flush it. I have no interest in doing anything with my poo BUT flushing it. I always thought it was cool to see what comes out of my ass. And I decided to blog about it. 

Having said that, I understand there are people who are scat friends. People who fetishize poo. I get it. I publish a poo blog. But that's not me. You do you and I'll do me. I don't want to receive pictures of anybody else's poo. If you want to relate a funny story, or ask a question--that's fine.

 I get people emailing me all the time who are  very worried that their poo isn't normal. People tell me that seeing my poo has reassured them that they're probably okay. I llike hearing that. In that regard, I think this blog has helped people. 

As always, remember--there is no "normal" poo. Poo comes in all shapes and sizes. Chances are, you're fine. But I'm not a doctor and I don't give medical advice. If you're really worried, or seeing something really disturbing in your poo (like a lot of fresh blood, or older blackish-colored blood), see a doctor. Get checked out. Get a colonoscopy. I've had three. It's not so bad. The prep is the worst. The night before, you drink a lot of liquid that makes you shit your brains out. And that's no fun. 

The day of the colonoscopy, they give you propofol to knock you out. Funny story: in the middle of my third colonoscopy, I woke up. That's not supposed to happen. I said, "Am I supposed to be awake?" The anesthesiologist then pushed more propofol and I went back to sleep. Woke up in recovery and I was fine. No pain. No discomfort. And my test was normal. It wasn't a big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment